Adnan Malik will make his film debut with Sanam Saeed and Aaminah Sheikh in ‘Cake’
The trio announced they are working on an upcoming film called Cake ( Adnan Malik ) at a meet and greet at Karachi eatery Mews yesterday.
While the stars are keeping mum about the film’s story and subject matter, here’s what we know so far.
1) Sanam Saeed revealed that the film was titled Cake because its story has many layers.
2) Aaminah Sheikh, who has previously acted in films like Josh, Seedlings and O21, promised this film has a stellar script.
According to her, the script was very compelling and she couldn’t refuse.
3) Adnan Malik backed her up, saying there’s plenty of good reasons for why he chose Cake to be his debut film.
“I wanted to work with like-minded people. And the script made me shed tears. The film is funny and emotionally honest and has a contemporary theme,” he said.
4) Award-winning filmmaker Asim Abbasi is directing Cake.
He has shot short films abroad and is known for his works like Little Red Roses. According to the director, it took him some time to adjust to the way things work in Pakistan, “because everyone is relaxed and they say ho jae ga (It will be done). But the positive thing here is that people here are more hungry and ambitious.”
5) The shooting for Cake already started!
Initial shooting has already been wrapped up in Karachi. More shooting spells are planned for interior Sindh and London. Cake’s post-production will take place in London.
The team hopes to have Cake released by late 2017/early 2018. Either way, this seems like a film we should look out for!